The restaurant industry has decided that wrapping the silverware in the table napkin is the best way to present silverware to the customer in the cleanest manner. Unfortunately, this is time consuming, costly and still not hygienic enough for today’s world.
Autowraptec is a company that brings innovative wrapping technology to the market and, in 2002, the founders of the company approached Nytric with a unique concept â€“ a machine for the restaurant industry that could automatically wrap and band silverware in a table napkin.
Nytric took the concept and, after considerable painstaking research and innovative design, what resulted was “It’s A Wrap“, a state-of-the-art, fully automated machine that wraps and sterilizes utensils straight from the washer.
This product uses many unique and innovative features designed and developed by Nytric including:
- Complex mechanical/robotics systems
- Designed unique mechanisms for transporting and wrapping utensils
- Mechanical and electrical control systems
- Complex multi-layer PCB for control electronics
- Developed and programmed firmware and software
- Developed comprehensive functional test procedures
- Produced attractive industrial design
The product was designed for use in the restaurant industry and therefore need to comply with many regulations. All regulatory work was managed by Nytric.